- This event has passed.
[USGBC] Road to Greenbuild
September 15, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm$75
The world’s largest green building conference & expo is headed to Boston, MA this November. To build momentum for that event and provide a beautiful, destination venue in which green building professionals & sustainability advocates in the Mid-Atlantic region can learn & network, USGBC Central PA and USGBC New York Upstate are hosting a regional Road to Greenbuild event at Skytop Lodge in the Poconos on Friday, September 15th from 1pm-9pm. Highlights of the event include:
• 5.5 hours of GBCI continuing education for LEED AP’s & LEED GA’s
A live demo of the new Arc platform, which measures performance in energy, water, waste, transportation, & human experience for buildings, communities, and cities
• A presentation on the Center for Sustainable Landscapes at Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh, a project that has earned top ratings in LEED, WELL, SITES, in addition to being Living Building Challenge certified.
• An evening keynote from George Bandy, Jr., Vice President of Sustainability for Mohawk Group
• Two hours of dedicated networking
• Tour of Northampton Community College’s Monroe Campus, a U.S. Department of Education Postsecondary Sustainability Awardee and LEED Gold campus, on Saturday, September 16th (for those attendees who choose to stayover at Skytop Lodge or are local to the area)
Escape from the hustle & bustle to this beautiful 5,500 acre resort in the Poconos to network and learn with sustainability professionals from the Mid-Atlantic Region! See our event webpage for more info and contact Heidi Kunka,firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-706-0836, with any questions. Pre-registration is required and closes at midnight on Tuesday, September 12th.
$75 for USGBC members; $100 for non-members (includes dinner)
Events collates calendars from the following organizations. If you have an event you would like to add, please submit the web form under Share Information
- [AHC] – Allentown Hiking Club
- [ALLI] – Alliance for Sustainable Communities-LV
- [COOPL] – PSU Cooperative Extension-Lehigh
- [COOPN] – PSU Cooperative Extension-Northampton
- [DVGBC] – Delaware Valley Green Building Council
- [GAP] – Lehigh Gap Nature Center
- [LVPC] – LV Planning Commission
- [NNC] – Nurture Nature Center
- [RI] – Rodale Institute
- [SEED] – The Seed Farm
- [WILD] – Wildlands Conservancy
Disclaimer: The Lehigh Valley Sustainability Network (LVSN) reserves the right to edit or decline to publish information submitted for the LVSN website. The LVSN shall not be liable for any loss of profit or any other commercial damages resulting from the use of this website. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purposes.